Serving all of Denver, Mile High Roll-Off Waste Systems always advises our customers on the rules when they ask what am I allowed to put in a dumpster. This is a key question to ask yourself before deciding to rent a roll off dumpster to dispose of waste.
Many people don’t realize that renting a roll off dumpster for a home or commercial project does not give you license to throw whatever you want in it. Just as there are environmental rules and regulations for regular trash, dumpster companies and their customers have rules to follow as well.
Mile High Roll-Off has been providing waste disposal and sanitation solutions in Denver and across the Front Range for over 20 years. Our goal is always to offer the best customer service and help keep our cities and planet clean. In order to do so, we help our renters understand what they can and can’t put in a dumpster by offering the helpful list below.
Waste Items to Put in a Dumpster
For the most part, just about any construction materials can go into dumpsters, making roll-off dumpsters a great option for getting rid of debris at construction sites. There is always a lot of debris that accumulates, and it can be a pain having to run to the dump several times with a pickup truck. Examples of construction materials permitted in dumpsters are:
- Shingles for the roof
- Brick, stone and other types of masonry
- Typical renovation debris
Types of Waste that are ALLOWED in Dumpsters Include:
- Yard waste like tree branches, leaves, grass clippings, etc.
- Furniture like old sofas, tables, chairs, bed frames, etc.
- Paper products including cardboard and the like
- Non-organic trash, as in regular trash that doesn’t contain scraps of food
- Household junk including mattresses, curtains, toys, other random household items, etc.
- Scrap metal and other types of recyclable materials
Along with determining what am I allowed to put in a dumpster, we recommend that you assess how much you need to get rid of then consult with one of our waste disposal experts to determine the right size container for your project. Renting one the right size will eliminate extra trips and save you money.
Now on to the list of things that shouldn’t go into a dumpster. All of these toxic items that aren’t allowed have safe alternatives for correct disposal. If you are still uncertain how to dispose of them, be sure to ask our staff, and we can suggest the right place for proper disposal.
Items NOT ALLOWED in Dumpsters Include:
- Motor oil and other fluids used in cars
- Explosives, for examples fireworks
- Appliances that have Freon like refrigerators and air conditioners
- Anything that may contain asbestos
- Oils, paints, varnishes and the like
Of course, if you have any further questions regarding what am I allowed to put in a dumpster, or are unsure about any of the items that you have for disposal, call us here at Mije High Roll-Off. We are happy to help determine what is appropriate to put into one of our dumpsters. If you have anything that is not allowed, we can direct you to the right company to dispose of your items correctly. Call today!